Rosehill Academy

Sunday, June 20, 2004

Just Got Off the Phone

Dev took a chance an called at almost 6 am. Luckily, I was awke and got to talk to him for a few minutes and wish him happy Father's Day.

He's doing well, a little bored at the moment. They're redoing the training they did over here, mainly just for something to do. 10th Mountain just finally arrived, and instead of training at their home base, they're going to do the training in Kuwait. Which means they got two weeks of leave before deploying while our guys trained. Kinda interesting the differences in attitudes, huh?

Apparently they're doing urban combat training at the moment, using 3-4 "dinky little buildings." Dev laughs because while the training is fun, they're used to doing it in a permanent city.

Latest rumors are that they're not going to move to Iraq for another 20-30 days. And another seven thousand guys are supposed to arrive at the camp today, so there's a chance he won't be able to get on-line or a chance to use the phone. On-line is the more likely mode of communication, because it's cheaper and the lines are shorter. $5/hr and 30 minute lines compared to $15/hr and 2 hour lines.

He sounds good, though. Spirits are up. Not that I was particularly worried, but it's good to hear his voice and know for sure.

And I'm sure that he told me other stuff that I should pass on. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I messed some bit of information up already... Lack of sleep with do that to you, but babies who think grinding their heads into you is sleepy cuddles and little boys who wake up screaming about robot baby heads make sleep difficult. As does the sound of the cat falling off the maribma, a noise that woke me up from a dead sleep and made me laugh once I figured out that it wasn't one of the kids banging on it. She tried to scramble away from the edge, I guess, and ended up "playing" the keys.

And now he's thrilling his Papa by wishing him happy Father's Day. Devereaux Jr. has been flying the Kuwaiti flag in honor of his boy.

And I'm off to try to catch a few more Zs. PLease forgive any spelling errors today. I just don't feel like dealing with the blob's spell check, which does not recognise so many words that it's not funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home